The Gilboa roadside exhibit as it is now.
Clapp's sketch of the exhibit as it was being developed. It was the first time that a display of that sort had ever been created.
Goldring wrote an article about the roadside exhibit in a museum bulletin in 1929. This is the first page of a draft of that article.
Another display of Gilboa stumps now sits outside of the Gilboa History Museum. Recent finds displaying the crowns of the trees are also at the museum, but they will remain covered until a shelter to protect them from sunlight can be built.
The largest fossil at the Gilboa History Museum's display of stumps, shown adjacent, is intentionally upside down, revealing features from the forest floor in the surrounding rock.
Not long after the exhibit at the State Museum opened, Goldring started exploring ways to do something with the fossils still in Gilboa.
Goldring worked with the contractors who had helped the museum before and another engineer named Syndey K. Clapp to design something suitable. The result was a simple display of stumps in front of a bulletin board containing interpretive materials written by Goldring. The exhibit still remains and was renovated in 2001 to renew the site and incorporate new data.
To see more about how interpretations of the Gilboa forest have changed in recent years, continue onto the next page.